Friday, September 29, 2006

Nature of modern evil

I see it in the clubs, I see it in the streets, I see it in the university, I see it in other people, I see it in myself. Its a deadly infection unseen by many, spread by most. For the infected the prognosis is not good: empty life, lack of happiness and slow death of the soul.
I was once infected by it and it almost buried me before my time. What are the symptoms of the infection? In my observation the symptoms are passivity, low self-esteem, lack of passion and expression, anger, fustration, cowardice and depression. The infection is also known as niceness. Yes you heard me niceness, and when I say niceness I don't mix it with kindness or with goodness. For example Merriam Webster defines the word nice in following way:
5 : PLEASING, AGREEABLE: a nice time, a nice person.
6: socially acceptable:WELL-BRED: from a nice family.
So what's wrong with a nice person? Niceness is almost always fear and passivity in disguise. Nice person is afraid to voice his/hers opinnion even when right or to be himself or herself because of what others might think. Nice person is nice instead of good and even if not directly making evil actions he/she is a collaborate in evil by not taking a stand againts injustice.
Nice person will smile at you pleasantly with empty look in her/his eyes and does nothing even if you are walking to your doom. So I choose not to be nice and pleasant but kind and good with best of my ability and with all of my strength.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just Googled my name Perttu and found this.How much does a name mean and where will it take you? Your thoughts are frightenedly same as mine. I've never seen it written exept for my own writing.

Yeah, the questions will never stop popping up unless you suffocate your brain with certain substances for forever.

Yes this is hell, this is wrong but whatta fuck things could be worse yaknow. It's good to compare yourself to the REALLY badly off people in this world. I know everything is subjective and you get pissed off 'cause you couldn't find thick-sliced brown bread and you got fuckin' medium instead!

Great thoughts though.

Why is life such a suffering? Well check out Buddha! Life is suffering, we suffer because we have a thirst,craving, will for life. That is a task we can never fullfill..The perfect life. Learn to let it all go and find yourself or fight and die a few years later.

Try lying on your bed in absolute silence thinking about existense for few hours and you will see your body from another angle. The brain is the hardest thing to capture so they start from your feet. Soon you will realize that the only thing keeping you in this world is your brain. when you're lying down, your feet are facing towards the sky and your head is the anchor, you have entered the next stage. Congratulations! this is the marble zone.

darbagrantiga@yahoo.com

10:10 PM  
Blogger Erica is Rich said...

Good luck on the journey to kindness!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home